Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Library Resources for the Child of Divorce

As a public school teacher, I saw firsthand the limited resources teachers have for their students who are going through a divorce. After searching many libraries that did not have these books marked and seeing the limited experiences the characters had in the books, I decided to write my own.
Now, almost a decade later, I am founder of a nonprofit with a mission to supply at least 10 books per elementary in the Tulsa area with a section labeled, "divorce/fiction." This will make it easier for the teachers to find books and easier for the students who need them.
Last week I was reminded of the importance of this mission when I heard a close eight year old friend of mine stating he had never read a book with someone like him in it.
Please help our organization donate these books and make a difference in the lives of children who are needing the support and encouragement.
You can donate to this mission on http://www.blendedlove.org, we are a 501c3 so it will be a tax deductible donation. Thank you.

No comments: